Sunday, October 18, 2009

Halloween Visitor

So I have been feeling like loser mom this Halloween. I do not have any Halloween decorations! I have been meaning to get some every year and then forget. This year I am going to try to hit the day-after sales. Really.

Anyway, just when I thought that we would have to wait another year for scary things to look at at our house, we got a special Halloween Visitor. Emily loves her. She named her Sleeping Beauty when she saw her sleeping. I think she is kind of cool, as long as she stays where she is.

Drumroll please...

Photobucket

This is her rebuilding her web after the gardeners tore it down:

Photobucket

Her in all her glory:

Photobucket

The first web she built (she is on #5 about now):

Photobucket

Who needs Halloween Decorations when you have the real thing???

10/23 Update:
Emily named her Sleeping Beauty
She has caught several flies and wrapped them in webbing, and we just saw her eating just now!

7 comments:

JS said...

I think I will stick to my halloween decorations. That is freaky!

Emily C said...

no way! i thought for sure you were going to say, you finally caved in and bought halloween decorations! that is the best dec ever!

Sarah Schumann-Curtis said...

Awesome! One of our favorite decorations as well! By the end of summer/early fall, those spiders can get freakin' huge! Indigo keeps wanting to have a spider for a pet and I keep telling him we've got several already!!!

{autie} said...

holy authentic! watch where you walk! so fun

Kristin said...

that is CRAZY!!!

The Jensen Family said...

Ew. That's all I have to say!

Baak Talk said...

That really is truly amazing! The porportion on the webbing and how it's laid out look like it was designed.... I guess it was and I'm just biased that a spider can lay it out better than us humans! Truly magnificent!

Yes, the ultimate Halloween decoration!